MAKEUP REVOLUTION VELVET LIP LACQUERS


Hey loves,

So today I have a post on one of the hottest trends over the last few years, lip lacquers. Whether you like matte or gloss, these lipstick hybrids have been EVERYWHERE!


I have a few high and low end lip lacquers but love trying new ones out. I spotted these on Instagram and had to find them. I saw them in Superdrug for a bargain £3. I got Black Heart from a friend as a gift and thought it looked very purple like in the tube. I was surprised when I got home to find that it's purple based but it's very much a black on the lips.


It was quite hard to get pictures that showed the true colour of the products. They change drastically in some lights.

The next one I have is called Keep Lying For You. The names are ridiculous. This is a mauve dusty pink and my goodness it is gorgeous. It reminds me of Too Faced Liquified Lipstick in Fig only this is a lighter version.

One thing I love is the applicator, it is very ordinary but doesn't pick up too much product. These really are fool proof. On the website there are 11 shades but I really wish there was a nude of some form. Every shade is very bold and vibrant, which I love but not everyone will.


As you can see in the swatch, Black Heart has a purple base to it. Still stunning though. I absolutely love these lacquers. They dry matte, dry fast but not without giving you a few seconds to work with it. They do come off a bit with eating but it's very minimal. I often find with matte liquid lipsticks that you can get the ring of doom on the inner part of your lip but I didn't get that with these babies. I genuinely love them.

Have you tried these? Let me know what colour to get next.

Vicky xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NYX Face Off: Soft Matte Lip Cream vs Butter Gloss

My Acne Story | LUSH Grease Lightning

Benefit 'Stay Don't Stray' Review