Kat Von D - My Beauty Icon - #HoFBeautyAmbassador


Good day beauty lovers,

Today I have a very special post because it a post for consideration to House of Fraser as they are looking for Beauty Ambassadors. This is not something I would normally enter but with my background in Journalism and sheer love for makeup, skincare and well, anything beauty related, I thought why not enter?!


When researching my old images and asking my friends who I constantly referred to for style and beauty as a young adult to now, one name popped up A LOT and that was Kat Von D. I have a couple of her tattoo books and the dream is for her to tattoo me one day (please let that happen). I have always had a rock edge to me, back in the 90's, my sister and I were grunge and even had the greasy hair.

For this look I did a very cool toned gold/grey look that I saw in some of her older pictures. I love grey on my eyes.



Here is a handy step by step guide.  At the end is a picture of all 3 lip options.
  • I primed my lids with a KIKO eye base and set that with FOXY from UD Naked 2
  • I took a mix of FRISK and COVER from the UD Naked Basics 2 and placed them gently into the crease but I didn't bring it right into the inner corner as I didn't want to close my eyes off or make them smaller. I added a small amount of TEASE to the centre of my crease and blended til my wrist hurt.
  • I then started to build out that outter half of my lid with a small amount of UNDONE and built it up whilst blending slightly to avoid any lines. I did this about 5 times.
  • I then took CHOPPER and HALF BAKED on a brush to the inner half of my lid but found they were a bit crumbly so used my ring finger instead. I think the next time I will use a creamier base for these shadows to stick to easier.
  • I applied SKIMP to my browbone and added FOXY once my brows were complete. 
  • I used a No 7 Stay Perfect eyeliner in Black on the bottom lash line and added SKIMP with some of COVER to blend it out

I used a makeup wipe to create a winged liner look from my eyeshadow as I have slightly hooded eyes, this looks better than winged liner. I curled my lashes and used Urban Decay's Perversion mascara on my top lashes with No 7's Lash Impact mascara on the bottom lashes. For my eyebrows (that I need doing, I know!) I used my L'oreal Brow Artist in Dark Brunette to fill in the sparse areas and then took the lightest two shades from my Collection Brow Kit to define and fill in the front of my brows.


I was trying out a new foundation but Estee Lauder's Double Wear doesn't sit very well on my skin so I changed it to my L'oreal Infallible Matte foundation in Vanilla.
  • I added some of the Garnier Anti Dark Circle Roll On to my under eye area and my lower cheek area as I have dark spots.
  • I sometimes find a Beauty Blender works best with this foundation and it won't cake up. So that is what I did.
  • I never tend to highlight with concealer too much but today I felt it was necessary as I have quite the break out on my little face. I used my Seventeen Stay Time Concealer in Extra Fair for this step. It blends out like a dream.

My favourite part of any day is putting lipstick on. Oh it is like Christmas. What colour to use, do we line the lips? Today I used three different options as Kat always changes it up. Kat seems to have two colours she constantly changes between, a red and a peachy nude. I used her lipstick in Wonderchilde to show it off. I love that she's not afraid of colour and can be simple with neutrals too.


 

Putting on lipstick is pretty self explanatory. I have to say I love all my options. 


 

I love highlighting and contouring but Kat always has a subtle contour and a more prominent highlight. I used Benefit's Hoola to chisel the face slightly, I then swept Sleek's Rose Gold on the apple of my cheeks and pulled back toward my ear. I like to use a powder to set under my eyes before highlight so I used Maybelline's The Matte Maker which is something I'm still testing out. For the highlight I had to be a tad more golden so TopShop's Crescent Moon was perfect for this. It does have some shimmer but nothing insane. So gorgeous.

This post is special as I am throwing myself into the competition pool for the #HoFBeautyAmbassador where House of Fraser are looking for someone to blog about all things beauty for them and in return you get samples, exclusives, event invitations and £1000 worth of makeup spread over the four quarters of a year. I mean WOW! I work in HoF so I am always down at the counters on my break making sure I'm not missing anything new coming in. I have my eyes set on the new Benefit liners coming this week. Hehe.


Make sure you check out the HoF website as they have their Big Brand sale at the moment and there are some great bargains to be had, click here. I bought my Benefit and Urban Decay products from the website and got tonnes of points on my Recogniton Card, I also got a pump for my NARS foundation there too. 

Please let me know your thoughts. 

Have a great day and keep your fingers crossed for me. 

V xoxox


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NYX Face Off: Soft Matte Lip Cream vs Butter Gloss

My Acne Story | LUSH Grease Lightning

Benefit 'Stay Don't Stray' Review