Revlon Colorstay Moisture Lip Stains

Well hello there,

Have you ever heard so much hype about a product that by the time it got to UK stores, you had no interest? That's me with the Revlon Moisture Lip Stains. I really wasn't phased by them. I seen Revlon had an offer on in Boots (2 for £10 on certain items) and bought one to give it a go.




The shade range is not the worst, definitely covers all colour bases. Revlon say 'Revlon Colorstay Moisture Lip Stain. Hours of moisturising colour and glass-like shine that glides on with cushiony comfort for a look that is perfectly pulled together'. 

I absolutely love the packaging. It's compact and the idea of being able to see the product is something I am a fan of. The applicator is a typical doe foot one but I think this works well especially as the product is a slightly creamier one.




As you can see they are quite sheer but they can be built up with a few layers. The consistency is thicker than a normal stain/gloss which can be gloopy on the lips at first but work with it. I usually like about two coats just to have some colour on the lips. There is no shimmer or glitter in this particular shade which I like. The lasting power is in around 2/3 hours for me. It feels nice on the lips and hydrates but the stain factor isn't there. Once it has faded, it has faded. 

I chose Barcelona Nights as I wanted a more sheer berry colour for the Autumn days. All in all I don't hate this product but I don't love it either. I think I prefer Sleek's new glosses to this and they last longer. They're usually £7.99 alone but Boots do have an offer at the moment. I don't think they're available in Superdrug just yet. 

Hope you have enjoyed my post. Have you tried any of these stains? Let me know. 

Xox 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NYX Face Off: Soft Matte Lip Cream vs Butter Gloss

My Acne Story | LUSH Grease Lightning

Benefit 'Stay Don't Stray' Review