Makeup Artist Focus | Rupinder Mundra | Beauty Bootcamp

Hey loves,

I'm starting a new series on my blog where I focus on a Makeup Artist and get the low down on their skills, tips etc. I am excited. I have become good friends with Rupinder who recently starred in Daily Mix' Beauty Bootcamp. Rupinder is such an amazing girl.



What made you start a blog?

When I was growing up and experimenting with beauty products, beauty gurus weren't really around which led to me taking matters into my own hands and teaching myself things about products and learning on my own terms. I'm 20 years old  so this new wave of beauty bloggers/youtubers was starting out when I was about 15 and honestly at that time I just felt I was too young to put myself out there for the world. I felt very vulnerable and as though I needed to strengthen my abilities so through youtubers like Lisa Eldridge, Pixiwoo, Tanya Burr etc they escalated my passion and made me realise that beauty is a realistic profession. I was encouraged to begin a blog from family and friends as I was always the one who people came to for advice/ tips so I thought why not share them with everyone else and ultimately, thats where I am now.
Do you have 3 blogs you have to read per day or week?

Oh yeah for sure. I am always reading blogs and visiting websites for inspiration, information, new releases.. just everything really! I feel as though beauty bloggers are becoming more valued than what we read in the media, we are just regular girls that want to share our findings with an audience who have a mutual interest. Blogs that I read everyday are: Lily Pebbles, Vivanna Does Make-Up & The Beauty Crush. They are some of my favourite beauty gurus who I really aspire aswell to swell as ones who I really feel I relate to. They update their blogs very frequently so theres always amazing, quality content to read over there so I highly recommend them.

If you had to do anyone's makeup. who and why?
Ooooh tough question!! I would love to do so many people's make-up but if I had to choose one, I think I would go for someone who is pretty fearless with their looks and willing to experiment with different combinations. There are a lot of people out there who fit that bill but I'm going to choose Rihanna. I think she looks like so much fun to be around and always manages to make anything look amazing. I like 'imperfect' make-up most of the time unless its for a special occasion, I love the slightly smudged liner and effortless look which Rihanna works so well, her phenomenal bone structure helps too I suppose! I contemplated Beyonce here, as I feel she could also well and truly pull it off but I would be so out of my depth and a blubbering mess!
 
 

When it comes to your blog, what would you like to progress with or add on?

I know this sounds really cliche and in some respects cringey but I really just want to help people. I know make-up and beauty seems like such a superficial trade to a lot of people but in a society where women are put under so much pressure to look perfect its a reality of our lifestyles. We need to feel confident and happy which make-up helps us to do. True beauty undoubtedly comes from within and make-up is just something that adds to it which I really hope my blog highlights and will continue to stand for. I want all women to support each other and know we are there to help not compete against one another. I am striving for people gaining something from watching my videos and reading my blog, whether it's the smallest of make-up tips or finding a new product they fall in love with. I guess to sum this up, I want there to be something for everyone, all skin tones, eye shapes, budgets - we all deserve to feel the most amazing versions of ourselves!

As you were on Beauty Bootcamp, what was your favourite moment?

Ahhh I suppose if I say it all thats cheating right?! ;) Hmm I think I would have to say Day 2 (The vlogging challenge) where we actually got a whole day with Sam and Nic, we were all still together and I conquered a major personal goal of going up in front of a camera doing what I have always been too petrified to do previously. I had never made a youtube video before so I didn't know what to expect or how to approach anything, I just thought I need to take a deep breath and be nothing other than myself because at the end of the day, thats all I can ever be. I find that when I get really nervous I build a guard up and tend to freeze quite a lot but I had an amazing pep talk that day and was SO overwhelmed when Sam and Nic selected me as the challenge winner because I truly never expected that to happen. 



Did you get any advice from the Pixi Woo Sisters?

Yes. They were such amazing and lovely women but they are incredibly busy so we didn't get to spend as long as we thought we would with them but nevertheless, with their lifestyles we thoroughly understood. Nic and I had a discussion about how to handle life as a youtuber and she was incredibly encouraging and understanding. She explained that we all know part of the package comes a lot of hate but also at the same, there is a lot of love which counteracts any negatives. At the end of the day, if you ignore all that stuff then that is the best thing you can do because ultimately there are people who enjoy what you do and your enjoying it too so why let someone interfere with that? She helped me through all my reservations and horrible nerves I had with starting out so that was really great advice. I am so pleased I took the plunge though and I am always thankful to Pixiwoo, dailymix and the other girls for being so unbelievably sweet and supportive! We all feel like a little family and I'm just so happy with everything going on right now - I can't wait to see what the future holds and take all my gorgeous followers with me for the journey :).


So, that is it for this post. Stay tuned for Friday's installment. 


If you're interested in featuring, tweet me here!

V xox


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NYX Face Off: Soft Matte Lip Cream vs Butter Gloss

My Acne Story | LUSH Grease Lightning

Benefit 'Stay Don't Stray' Review