February Favourites | Makeup

Well hey there,

I usually film monthly favourites but I wanted to update my little blog. So here we are.


So, I thought I would just do a makeup monthly favourites post as I don't have all my skincare etc with me in Ireland.


First up, foundations. I have been using these two bad boys either together or separately. I am not a fan of matte finishes but this Rimmel foundation so lightweight on the skin, it's gorgeous. I do have to warm my face up when it's applied but that's because it is a very pink based foundation. It covers very well and lasts a long time. The L'oreal foundation is a slight bit too yellow for me so I use it with a light hand. Otherwise it is a gorgeous, long lasting foundation. Both are highly recommended.


I love my NARS duo in Desire/Amour. I tend to mix the colours together for a healthy glow. Sleek's blush in Antique has been an almost daily staple for me, blush wise, since last year. It gives a gorgeous glow to the skin and is excellent for using as a contour/blush.


The Dainty Doll eyeshadow in shade 3 was not my favourite purchase of last year until I got the Naked Basics. I wanted to use a peach shade as a crease/transition colour to make the matte shades seem less bland. I love it now. I also go nowhere without my Naked Basics. It's superb for a natural eye look or a matte smokey eye. Just amazing. 


This Too Faced palette was released at Christmas and I oohhed and aahhhed for a long time. Eventually I caved when Debenhams had 15% off one week and paid £40 for this 25 shadow, 2 blush, 2 bronzer palette plus extras. I have to say it is my favourite palette from last year, I use this almost daily.



In February I really experimented with the colours and created some funky eye looks.


I wear a lot of lip products but I chose the four I wore more than usual. MAC have the best matte lipsticks. I have been loving the deep wine shade Diva for night time and vamping up a natural eye look.  I always go to Candy Yum Yum when I don't know what to pick. It just makes me smile.



Two drugstore products I am obsessed with are the Rimmel Apocalips in Eclipse and Revlon Matte Balm in Standout. Eclipse is a lacquer version of Diva but with a more purple undertone to make it less vampy. I love a deep red lip and Standout just goes on like a dream and has decent longevity too. 

Diva, Candy Yum Yum, Standout and Eclipse 

So, I hope you all liked this post. What have been your favourites? Let me know.

Enjoy the sunshine.

Victoria xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NYX Face Off: Soft Matte Lip Cream vs Butter Gloss

My Acne Story | LUSH Grease Lightning

Benefit 'Stay Don't Stray' Review