Golden Globe Faves!! Fashion Post #1

Hey loves,

Well I thought I would do a fashion recap on the Golden Globes. They were held on Sunday, 13th Jan. I love awards season hehe. Let's get going with some of my favourite looks.

Caitlin Fitzgerald in Emilia Wickstead. I love the colour of this dress, so bright and pastels will be huge again in the S/S. I think the shoes go fine with the outfit but I think normally a nude/white heel would be better suited. Caitlin's hair and makeup is simple enough to let the quirky style of the dress do the talking. I love it.

Cate Blanchett never fails to impress on the red carpet. I don't recall a time where she was a miss. Well ok I'm being too kind but she impresses fashion critics 90% of the time. This Armani Prive dress is so gorgeous and I don't think just anyone can wear this. I would have liked smaller studded earrings as the dress says enough.

 Emma Roberts in Lanvin is just gorgeous. A very simple dress for someone as young as Emma. I do love this on her but kind of feel like she could have tried harder. Nonetheless, it's a classic dress and neckline on a gorgeous, talented lady.


This Dior ensemble on Emma Watson is pure genius. I like the simple hair and makeup and how she carries everything off. Is it a dress? Is it a pant suit? It is my favourite outfit of the night. Love it. Gosh she is too cool isn't she?

Oh Reese how this colour looks on you is envious. Reese is very rarely a flop on the red carpet and this Calvin Klein dress is stunning. The colour and the cut on her is gorgeous with her hair and makeup being very natural.

Sandra is one of my favourite actresses ever so I am always intrigued at her choices on a red carpet. This gown by Prabal Gurung blew me away. How the hell is she 49?!? Wow oh wow. I love the colours together along with that plunging neckline. Sandra honestly looks so gorgeous. LOOK AT HER!! haha

Now unfortunately there were a few head scratchers on Sunday night. I'll mention three.


 I have seen Zac Posen gowns on many a red carpet and these two shocked me. Sofia never changes that style of bustier on a dress she wears but the bottom half is too big and looks like some kind of dessert. I think the turquoise necklace is more premier than award ceremony. Really didn't like this at all. Onto Lena. Lord I love 'Girls' and she is a kooky chica. Love her. This dress and colouring on her? NO NO NO. It looks too small on her, the bustier looks like it's a size too small too. I just feel like she could have done better?? I do however think her makeup and hair is flawless.


I love Jennifer Lawrence. Jennifer is quirky, talented and funny. JLaw rocks in so many ways. This dress on her is just terrible. It looks too big and kind of resembles a loo roll holder?

Anyway, those were a few of my faves and flops. What were yours?

Lots of love,
Victoria xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NYX Face Off: Soft Matte Lip Cream vs Butter Gloss

My Acne Story | LUSH Grease Lightning

Benefit 'Stay Don't Stray' Review